Sunday, October 25, 2009

A perfect night for a Halloween party

A couple years ago Mike and I took Matthew out to Oxbow park for the Halloween party they put on. This is the only time the park is open at night and it is fun to see the animals moving around.

Oxbow sets up stations around the park that educate the kids on different animals. This station was on wolves. A wolf actually ran out from behind a tree(man in costume!) as she started to talk. I know Matthew and Carter both jumped back.
I tried to get a few pictures of this as we were walking but it was difficult with a group. I should also mention that Jenny let me borrow her new baby for this shot. She has the very nice upgrade of my camera. It allows you to take better pictures in low light so we knew it would be good for this event. Thank you Jenny. I wish I could have figured out the video!!!
Carter was a Karate Kid:-)
I just love Carter's face in this.
This was at the Bat station. Did you know that Bat's can eat 1200 Mosquitoes a night! Yeah!! Bring on the bats!
I love night shots. It is so fun to be able to capture the mood of moments like this.
Okay, if this does not remind me of Jack! Matthew is dressed as a Knight and learning about eagles! We miss you buddy. You would have loved hearing the eagles. They were being really noisy. I think they like that it was dark out.


I wish I would have had my other lens for this. I loved seeing this moth. He must be a pretty tough guy to make it past all our frosts and early snows.
Then it was time to move inside for games and treats. They had waterless bobbing for apples(H1N1 free version) I missed Matthew doing this. He must have looked so cute.
A celebrity was in this house. This is the man who started Oxbow park. Matthew and I are thankful.
They had a decorate your own pumpkin table. Look at all the great pumpkins.
Hey Carter....I think your pumpkin is in the truck still!

Scratch off decorating sheets...
Pick out a ghost to eat
Draw a duck and win a prize...
Fishing...
and face painting. Any guesses to what my son asked for???? Apple? Is that what you think?
Nope, He asked her for a ghost pumpkin. He really loves the pumpkins that don't turn orange. She knew right what he wanted and painted on on for him.
Carter wanted a Bat
Then we stood in line for the ginormous treat bags they always hand out.

This is Mike facing his fears. There are rattlesnakes in the boxes. Mike HATES snakes. I am shocked that he can even look at them here. Must be like me and my love hate for spiders.
Loved these giant illuminated pumpkins they had out front.
Oxbow is an amazing little Zoo. I feel very blessed every time I go out there. Can you believe that this party was free! We have donated quite a bit to them. I think they are a huge value to our community.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking him for the whole night! He had a good time. How do you think that he did? I am curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mathew is getting so big...look out girls-here he comes! I hope you have a great halloween-love ya! Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like a very fun night that Jack would have loved! Especially the knight costume and eagle talk! Missy

    ReplyDelete