Tuesday, October 13, 2009

More Flag football

I am about to leave to pick Mike up and I don't have time to comment but I will soon. Here are the latest football pics. I wanted to get this posted before I left.
The huddle

Mark and John are cheerleaders for all the kids on the sidelines. They even cheered for Matthew and it made up Mike not being there.
Hannah got a chance to play against Carter. It was really fun to see them.
On the line
This was a nice take down of Carter by Hannah. If Carter gets the ball and starts running he is hard to catch. She was making sure that did not happen right now.
The shove
See Carter down in the background. That is Nick(another neighbor) running with the ball.



This a moment that I caught when one of the young coaches messed up throwing the ball. I thought it was pretty funny. The kids did too.
waiting...

Calling the plays
Run Carter, Run!!!!!



Love playing under the lights!

Hannah giving her football face

I really love this shot. The coach from Century High School was the speaker for the night. He talked about bringing God into football. When I walked of the field the first thing I said was "I would be proud to have my son be coached by him" He did a fantastic job. He told the kids that he was a sophomore before he was lucky enough to play under the lights.
Giving Carter a tap
He talked about God being in football....
and then he talked about homework...Nick did not like that at all.


That was our week in football. If you look close under Matthew's left eye you can see a little black dot. That is the little rubber pellets that the field is made up of for drainage. When the field is wet they end up clinging to us and hitching a ride home. Our entry way looks like someone spilled coffee grounds in it on Tuesday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment