Saturday, February 6, 2010

Our Friday

Friday was report card day.  Matthew's teacher meets with each student and lets them know how amazing they are.  His teacher was looking up at another student when I snapped this shot.  It cracked me up.
When we got home from school Matthew wanted to build a snow man.  He ended up making a giant snow ball.  When he climbed on top he could see in the window(our windows are pretty high up).  

Matthew's report card was as expected.  He can now read at 205 words per minute.  Pretty fantastic for a second grader.  He also manages to ace every pre-spelling test so that he does not have spelling homework.  This really amazes me as spelling is not my thing.  More important than that is....people are always telling us what a good job we have done raising him, he is a really good kid:-) I however, am struggling with the fact that his 8th birthday is 27 days away.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. That teacher picture is SO good. I really really love it! You caught a perfect expression! I can only imagine what she is thinking : ) And way to go Matthew for being such a super star reader!

    ReplyDelete