Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mike's secret wood shop tool

My husband has a secret in his tool collection. It helps him build better. It is not replaceable. There will never be another one of these.
You see...it is a talking pencil.  This pencil was handed over to him by an amazing builder.  He used it too before he handed it over.  The pencil says things like "measure twice and cut once" or " that does not look straight" and in the end it evens says "really nice job, Mike"
I wonder sometimes if my husband questions if he is worthy to use the pencil held by someone so close to perfection in his heart.
I think he is getting there..just look at what he made me!
This is a sneak peak at my new headboard.  Wait until you see it painted!

This is my new footboard:-) 
FYI: all of this cost around $140.00 and that is with the expensive trim!! 
I can't wait to post the finished project.  

No comments:

Post a Comment