Thursday, March 25, 2010

My near death experience

In a past life...
I was an inspiration. No, not just on a creative level, or a mom level. We are talking about a true "save your soul, lead you in the right direction" level.

I started as a volunteer for the church I attended working with the youth groups. Before I knew it they asked me to be the youth pastor. I said yes for all the wrong reasons. It sounded like a fun gig really. Hang out with teens and pre-teens. Laugh, be silly, pray. I really did not put much thought in it past that.

At this point in my life I was young and well lets just say pretty unwise. Somewhere along the way I got it. I realized what I was really there for. In helping my amazing shooting stars find their way...I found mine. Life would never be the same again.

I love my youth group kids with all my heart. I miss them...There are a few that are lost somewhere out there. I pray for them all the time. I thank God when I hear from them and they are doing great. I thank God when I hear from them and they are struggling...I thank God for them. Every last one of them. They saved my life.

I am a better parent, wife and person because of all the youth that touched my life. There are the ones that are now graduating from college that I knew as sixth graders! There are the ones from Utah that I knew only briefly but still think about and pray for. I still have the letters they wrote me when I moved. I still regret not being able to teach you confirmation. I know I let your faith journey down by moving, I just hope that I inspired it to jump in the little time I knew all of you.

I simply miss all of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment