Friday, July 30, 2010

Funny story...

I am not brave enough to post a picture...yet.  I just want to share my incredibly stupid decision.  My friend had talked me into working out on Wednesday morning.  We were going to start my P90X program again. We were very excited(okay, that is a lie) about it.  The program requires working with  workout bands(basically a very giant rubber band) if you don't have a chin up bar.  In looking around the room the only thing I could hook it to was a black metal hook in the wall...anyone see where this is going? I knew the split second I started to pull that it was a bad idea.  The hook flew out of the wall and propelled into my face.  Square into my mouth to be exact.  Want to guess the damage???? I ended up getting over 30 stitches inside and outside my lip and I knocked out....2.5 teeth!!! Yep! I bet you are thinking wow, that must have hurt right? I have to say that it really did not hurt at all.  It happened so fast and the minute I knew my teeth were knocked out all I cared about was getting to the dentist. I actually considered super gluing my lip...so I could go right to the dentist..hehe! Luckily for me I had good friends around that made think more clearly.  Yes, I spent the entire morning at the doctors office and the entire afternoon at the dentist office.  I will say that I had both places cracking up as I see the humor in the situation.  I told them that most people have to wait 6 weeks to see dramatic results with workout plans...it took me 5 seconds.  I also told them that my friend Jenny wanted to know how she can stab herself in the boob so she can get new boobs:-) Then I asked my adoring husband if he was glad that he was not married to a "freak show" however...the missing teeth and totally swollen upper lip kind of worked against me at that moment and he simply said "ask me again in a few days" You see one of my biggest fears has always been getting my teeth knocked out...and it really is not that bad.
Life is not about vanity(although I knew right away I was getting new teeth no matter what the cost!) it really is about the stories we have that made us laugh and the friends that show up out of nowhere to see if you are okay or if they can help.
When life knocks your teeth out....focus on the pretty new ones that you will be getting:-)
Oh, and don't put workout bands on hooks that are not secured into studs.

I will have my new temp teeth in a few hours.  Still debating on posting my picture:-)

5 comments:

  1. Post a photo...you big baby! You look cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, MONICA! I just decided to browse some blogs and I read THIS? Thats awful! Im glad you took photos though, even if you dont post them. You can laugh at it, eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. come on...I could really laugh if I saw a pic....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have heard the warnings...once it is on the internet...it is always out there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MONICA!!!! Will you forgive me for laughing out loud at this post!?

    So...how is the P90X coming along now? ;-)

    ReplyDelete