I have had these ideas for a camera bag for "moms" for a while. My very very talented friend Lisa designed and made my new bag! The whole process was fantastic! I had to be "fitted" to my bag twice!!!! It has several features that make it unique. I have to say that I have been looking for a bag for a very long time. The
problem with the bags out there is that they are made for men and they scream "Camera Bag". They are also made for photographers that take way more equipment than I ever will. As a natural light photographer who photographs mostly people. I only need two lenses(one on my camera) and a few simple things with me. It also had to have a zipper! A must with any camera bag. I am going to get a great chance to try it out on our trip. I will have to let you know what I think.

My favorite feature! The camera attaches to a built in strap so you can slide it up and down to take pictures without a bulky strap. It also has a quick release so I can take it off if I need to.
BTW: This is our old camera...it is hard to take pictures of it with my camera attached.

I made a list of all the things I carry in my bag and Lisa made a pocket for each and every one of them. This is for the baby wipes you should always carry when photographing kids.

filters....

The pocket that the camera slides into. This so far has been the only change I think we should make. It needs to be a little higher. Will that work Lisa? Mine is fine the way it is but for next bag for sure.

The extra lens holder.
I realize now that I forgot to take a picture of the other way cool feature that I love. The memory card holder on the handle. It holds three cards for easy access while shooting. It rocks! I will have to attach a picture of it when I can. Oh! I also have to add that it is machine washable!!!!!!! How sweet is that. It is quilted so my camera feels very protected.
This will be part of Lisa's Sew Clicky line. I have to say that for the amount of time and money that she puts into each bag they are a bargain. If you are looking for a way fun bag that is made just for you(seriously she can add or subtract anything you don't like and you can tell her what your taste is for colors(I have an undying love for brown and blue) send her an email.
tell her you want to order a bag from the Sew Clicky line:-)
Oh I almost forgot. I showed it to two of my friends already and they were both in awe of it too. One already placed an order and she can not wait to get it. The other does not have a SLR yet but uses mine when I can get her to take it. They both loved loved the bag and said the same thing "wow" Lisa is very talented. She sure is!
Interesting! Love the idea of the camera attaching to the strap. I also have searched everywhere for the perfect bag. Still haven't found it and for now I simply carry my camera sling-style. I hope you'll keep us posted on how it goes for you.
ReplyDeleteAlso, how much does it cost?
I saw this bag and thought it was too cute! I also LOVE the strap idea. Hhhhmmm, if I ever get a camera...I'll have to have this bag! :) Although, it would have to have pink on it!!
ReplyDeleteHey Amy,
ReplyDeleteMy bag worked GREAT! It needs a few minor modifications but nothing big. Lisa will be able to make them in a snap. I loved being able to take my camera EVERYWHERE without feeling like I was. Everyone commented on how cute it was. I am not sure what she is going to charge yet but I think it will be under $80.00. I bought all the material for mine and that alone was $35.00 and she had a full day and a half into making it so I think they are a steal. Plus you can totally customize it! How sweet is that.
Wow, what a great idea!!
ReplyDelete