Here it is! Our new bed. Mike is the most talented man I know. I hope this photo shows how amazing this bed really is. It was a photo challenge being that I waited until the sun was setting to take a picture. It is giant! Really giant! When we measured for how high to set the box spring we did not take into account that our mattress was so thick. It is however, beautiful. Out total cost...
Headboard and footboard minus the trim $93.00
Trim $46.00(including the detail pieces)
Paint $37.00 including brushes and supplies (we used a oil based enamel for a more expensive looking finish) It only took 1/2 the gallon too.
railing and frame $27.00
Total cost of the bed: $203.00
We are getting ready to make one for Jenny that would be a lot simpler plan and not use any of the fancy trim. It should be a lot cheaper than this one.
Prep For: Q4 Business Increase
2 weeks ago




Isn't it amazing what a new bed in the bedroom makes??? We haven't left our bed a mess for one day since the new bed! I'm so happy for you that you were able to finish it without Mike burning your wood LOL :)
ReplyDeletehehe! Yeah, my adorable husband chose to look at the plans A) before we went to Home Depot B) weeks ahead of time when we talked about it C) outside of Home Depot as we were going to get supplies. If you guessed C you are 100% correct. The plans had been printed for weeks so they were all messed up and out of order. It did not go well:-) Once he started it though he loved making it.
ReplyDeleteFantastic! I think I saw this post on Ana's "reader bragging board" but I didn't pay any attention to who sent it in. I just remember thinking how classy it looked!! Awesome job!
ReplyDelete